floor pillow cover
(Cleveland, TN, USA)
I had 2 very large floor lounge pillows that needed new covers. I used a rectangular loom-knifty knitter blue in a flat panel. I used heavy duty 5 in a dark beige . For the larger pillow I made 4 panels and for pillow form and decorative side panels-2 long and 2 shorter. To make the pillow a little "tighter" knit I used the "U" e-wrap for the entire project. Each large panel was 36 inches long. For width the entire blue loom was utilized. I used the crochet removal. I blocked each piece and used the mattress stitch to to connect all pieces. In order to be able to remove and wash the covers I used Velcro for closing one end.
The smaller pillow I used the same yarn and loom. I only wrapped 2/3 of the blue loom for the width and 28 inches long. I still used the same number of panels to match the larger pillpw. I made the side panels to fit.
I made a cover using the same techqniue to for my sister-in-laws back pillow. The only thing different was the size and I used a zipper to prevent velcro edges for scratching.